Official authorities

Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs

At DUO you can:

  • Put your ‘OV-studentenkaart’ on hold temporarily to get a compensation for your time abroad. More information can be found on the website of DUO.
  • When applicable: apply for a ‘uitwonendenbeurs’ for the study abroad period


  • Authorize parents/partner so they can help you in case of emergencies or make sure you have access to ‘internet banking’.
  • Arrange a credit card (when applicable).


  • Make copies of all your important documents and leave a package at home (for example with your parents or partner). When your luggage or papers get lost or stolen, they can help you arrange things or provide you with the relevant information (e.g. telephone numbers, passport number) that you urgently need in case of emergency.
  • Next to that it is wise to save these important numbers (and for example a scan of your passport) in your e-mailbox, so you can find all data online.

ICE - In Case of Emergency

Put a number for emergencies in your phone.