Advisors and tutors
Don’t bottle up questions you have about your studies or how to study. Whether you need help for studying efficiently, have doubts about your choice of study program, have a fear of failure, or want help with your career planning: the TU/e is there to help you with good study and student counselling.
You can also ask about study grants, arrangements for exceptionally talented students (in your field or in sports) in combination with their studies, or to make requests for provisions if you have a functional impairment, such as dyslexia, autism or a chronic condition or illness.
The Education and Student Affairs (ESA) offers individual coaching to students at the TU/e that is free of charge. The student advisors and student psychologists of ESA offer a short-term and solution-based approach.
In case of emergency or if you have any questions, you can contact the service desk of ESA in the Metaforum building.
What kind of help do you need?
- Study related questions/problems, for example: curriculum, study progress, exam resits, specialisations or elective courses > make an appointment with the Academic Advisor of your own department
- Study choice questions/problems, e.g.: counselling on study choice or choice of Master Program > make an appointment with a Study Choice Advisor
- Information about (extra) facilities, for example about studying with special needs, extra tentamination time or (re-)enrollment > make an appointment with one of the Study Counsellors of STU
- Study related questions/problems concerning for example: concentration/motivation, day- and night ritm, planning & organising, fear of failure > make an appointment with one of the Study Manangement Advisors
- Personal problems, like: anxiety, gloominess, stress, relational problems or mourning > make an appointment with a student psychologists
- Do you have problems or a conflict with another student or a employee > you can contact a confidential counsellor
- Do you have questions about the job market, job apllication or a contact with the job market? > you can make an appointment with a coach of the TU/e CareerCenter