Termination of enrollment at TU/e
Your enrollment during the academic year is not automatically terminated. To terminate your enrollment before August 31 in order to receive restitution of tuition fees, you must submit a request for termination of enrollment. This request can be submitted through Studielink.
After you have logged in to Studielink you can submit a request for termination of enrollment as follows:
1.Go to <My study programmes>
2.Click on the x for <Remove> after the enrolment that you wish terminate
3.Select the <Request for termination of enrolment> button under <Study programme details>
4.Enter the details in the <Request for termination of enrolment> form. Here you add the reason for the termination of enrollment as well as the date (i.e. the 1st of the month)
5.Confirm your selection
Your bank account number is asked for in the case restitution of tuition fees is warranted. Add the name of the bank account holder. Please remember to hand in your campus card at the ESA student service desk (Metaforum MF1.300). A request for termination of enrollment is only of importance for the restitution of tuition fees.
As permitted by law, TU/e has stipulated that no tuition fees will be refunded for the months of July and August. This means that if your enrollment is terminated with effect from 1 July or 1 August, you will not be entitled to a refund of your tuition fee.
You can terminate your enrollment with effect from the first day of the month after the date on which you complete your final study component (e.g. internship report submission date, date of final presentation/report or examination), in other words even before its assessment has been announced/completed. The following conditions apply to this:
- You must still be enrolled at the time you complete your final study component
- You must submit an enrollment termination request in time via Studielink, that is, before the first day of the month in which you wish to terminate your enrollment
- You must register for the first possible final examination session, following the date on which you complete your final study component
In this context, on time means: your enrollment termination request via Studielink must have been submitted to the Education and Student Affairs service desk by 0.00h on the last working day of the month immediately preceding the month in which you wish to terminate your enrollment.
You can therefore submit the request if you expect that you will achieve your final result before or on the final working day of the month in question. In other words, you do not need to wait until the result has actually been announced before you submit your request. However, your request to terminate enrollment will not be processed until:
- You have met the above conditions (submitted the enrollment termination request and registered for the appropriate final examination session) and
- The Examination Committee has subsequently determined that you have passed
So, what happens if the Examination Committee determines that you have not yet passed?
- In that case, your enrollment termination request will not be processed
- You will need to repeat the above procedure as soon as you expect that you will actually pass
If you wish to terminate enrollment with effect from the end of the academic year, you will not need to submit a request to terminate enrollment. Your enrollment will terminate automatically if you do not enroll for the next academic year.
- When you have terminated enrollment, you will no longer be eligible for a student grant (or loan) or a public transport card. You will need to terminate these yourself via DUO, by the deadline set by DUO, in order to prevent being fined
- If you have a TU/e notebook, the software will need to be removed within 5 working days after termination of enrollment