Enrollment courses and examinations Graduate School
As a Graduate School student, you’re able to plan the majority of your curriculum yourself. Your mentor will help you with doing so.
Step by step guide to register for courses
- Check whether you meet the entrance requirements of the course. These are mentioned in the course catalogue under ‘entrance requirements’. These include for example required prerequisites or overlapping courses.
- Register Osiris → Enroll → Course or Test.
- After registering for a course you will receive a confirmation via e-mail. In case you do not receive this confirmation, contact the ESA Helpdesk the same day in order to solve the issue and to prevent paying administration costs.
Step by step guide to register for exams
- If you have registered yourself for a course, you’re automatically registered for the exam as well.
- If you are not actively registered at the TU/e yet, then you have to register yourself for both the course and the exam opportunity. Keep the deadlines for registration in mind.
- Would you like to take a resit exam? Then you have to register yourself. Pay close attention to the registration deadlines.
- You can cancel your registration in Osiris up to five days before the exam takes place. If the cancelation is less than five days before the exam, the exam will be regarded as not passed.
A few things are helpful to know:
- You can register for a maximum of 20 ECTS per quartile. If you want to take more courses, than the Examination Committee has to approve this.
- Are you taking a course that hasn’t been approved for your examination program? We call this an extracurricular course. The ECTS don’t count for your diploma
- You can take four exam opportunities per course (2 consecutive academic years). It’s not possible to register for this specific course again if you haven’t passed the fourth exam opportunity. If so, contact your study advisor.
- Keep in mind the registration deadlines. Are you too late with registering, but is there no specific reason why you couldn’t participate (for example, because the course is full)? You can still register, but you’ll have to pay administrative costs.
- If you have any specific questions about a course that you’d like to take, contact your academic advisor or theacher.
Starting your graduation project
Before you start with your graduation project, you have to submit all your study subcomponents - including the topic of your final project – to the Center for Student Administration of your department. The Examination Committee will determine whether you can start with your graduation project.
Want to know more? Contact ESA at 040 -247 4747 or via the contact form below.