Studying in times of corona

On this page you will find information about education, practical matters, help and facilities in corona times.

What to do in case of COVID-19 symptoms?

We expect that everyone takes responsibility and that you stay home if you are infectious, if you have COVID-19 symptoms and you don’t have a negative test result or if you are in quarantine. For the current quarantine rules, check this website.

If you have COVID-19 symptoms but your test (PCR or self-test) result is negative, you may come to campus.

Can't come to campus? 

  • If personal circumstances, such as being ill or a caregiver, prevent you as a student from attending campus for tuition, you should report this to your academic advisor.
  • If you are unable to take a specific course on campus for an extended period of time, you may want to check with the teacher to see whether alternatives are available. These may include sharing worksheets and previously recorded lectures. You can find this information in Canvas. If the teacher has not indicated these options in Canvas, please contact the teacher.
  • In case you are ill, have tested positive on COVID-19 or if you have COVID-19 symptoms and you don’t have a negative test result yet, you can make use of the regular sick-reporting-procedure. In that case you have to inform your academic advisor immediately. You will first be referred to the regular re-sit. Should you fail to pass the exam and no re-sit attempt is left, you have the possibility to apply at your Examination Committee for a second attempt but only if you would face study delay due to this situation. The Examination Committee will decide if an extra attempt is possible and feasible.

Temporarily adjusted regulations

For the bachelor-before-master rule and student mobility, adjusted rules apply temporarily. 

Financial matters

Because of the corona crisis, the government is taking a number of measures to help students financially. More information on these measures can be found on the DUO website.

Study delay due to illness
If you have had the corona virus and as a result have suffered at least one month of study delay, you can make a claim on the Profileringsfonds. You can contact the student counselors for more information. 

Important: you must report your circumstances that lead to study delay to your academic advisor and/or student counselor within 2 months.

Happy to help you!

Do you have a question? On the website you will always find the latest information about corona. If you have any questions, you can always contact us via or WhatsApp (06 41683406). You will then receive a quick and personal answer.