If you’re planning on going abroad for a period of time, it’s wise to make sure that several matters are taken care of.
At DUO you can:
- Put your OV-studentenkaart on hold temporarily to get a compensation for your time abroad. More information can be found on the website of DUO.
- When applicable: apply for a ‘uitwonendenbeurs’ for the study abroad period
- Authorize parents/partner so they can help you in case of emergencies or make sure you have access to ‘internet banking’.
- Arrange a credit card (when applicable).
- Create a digital file that contains all important documents and details and upload it, for example, to the Cloud, so you can access it at any time
- Leave a copy of important documents (like your insurance policy details) for your parents or partner – in case something happens they’ll be able to help you arrange certain matters.
- Put an ICE (in case of emergency) number in your cell phone