Alumni Coach Network
Shape your future with the Alumni Coach Network
Could you use some support preparing your future career? Are you curious about the options you have as an engineer after graduation? And what option would fit you best; entrepreneur, PhD, engineer in industry, etc? Are you ready to discover and develop your professional skills in favor of your preferred engineering role? Explore the Alumni Coach Network and get in touch with alumni!
Alumni Coach Network
The Alumni Coach Network brings TU/e students, young professionals and experienced alumni together. You get the opportunity to talk about your ambitions with experts from the field and learn from their career challenges. Experienced alumni, from all TU/e departments, are willing to share their professional insights and experiences with you. They can help you shape your own future.
Although it seem like miles away, pretty soon you have to make choices in regards to what kind of engineer you would like to become: What kind of courses am I going to choose? What kind of skills, do I need to develop to become that particular engineer? Which Master track fits me best? Luckily, the Alumni Coach Network gives you the opportunity to start orienting on the job market during your studies. Alumni who had to undergo all the steps that lie before you, can help you with you curriculum choices and professional development, by sharing their experiences. Speaking with them will give you a better idea on what kind of jobs there are, what they contain, how to match your skills and how to apply for those jobs. Prepare yourself for your career and broaden your network of experts with different backgrounds. Start shaping your own future.
The Alumni Coach Network is for anyone who wants to discover their qualities, develop their professional skills and explore their career path. As a Graduate School student, forward looking Bachelor student or young alumnus/alumna, you are given the opportunity to extend your network and learn from experienced TU/e engineers.
What’s in it for me?
• Career orientation in and beyond your field of expertise
• Discover and develop your professional skills and ambitions
• Personal guidance concerning your work or academic choices
• Expand your network of TU/e engineers, in The Netherlands and beyond
• Learn about the work experiences of alumni and their daily business
• Be well prepared for a life after your studies
Joining the Alumni Coach Network is easy. All you need to do is register as a coachee (mentee), find your coach and plan your meeting!
1) Create your profile, by filling in the fields
2) Make sure you fill in Headline, Location, Education and Experience. Only then your profile will be complete and active.
3) Search the database and look for the coach that best suits your background and/or question
4) Send a coaching request if you want an alumnus/alumna to be your coach and shortly explain your coaching question. To connect means you want to converse or meet up with one of the alumni coaches. To avoid disappointment from both sides, we advice you to contact not more than 3 coaches.
5) After a confirmation of your coaching request, you plan and prepare your first meeting. This can be in any way you prefer: from an email, to a Skype conversation or a face to face meeting.
In the online network you will find more information and also a coachee manual. This will help you with all the necessary steps to get everything you need out of your coaching relationship: from tips on how to send a first email, to preparing your meetings.
Graduate School students; in addition TU/e SkillsLab supports you to develop your professional skills required for the job you want! You can also join the activities of TU/e Career Center for career support.