Graduation checklist CSE/ DSIE/ IST (old)
Information for all students apart from EIT-entry students
(EIT-entry information can be found at the bottom)
Months before you start the project
Submit study program if you have accumulated 40–50 credits.
|Internal double diploma||Find the form here|
The form should be signed by the representative from the research group in which you plan to graduate. A list of contact persons for these groups can be found here. The contact person is the representative of the research group.
Weeks before you start your project
Read the graduation regulations. (Appendix 8a of the Regulations of the Examination Committee).
Submit your graduation plan (form 2).
Have the form signed by your supervisor, sign yourself and make a separate problem description with an explicitly stated research question.
Submit a signed digital version in PDF to the student administration: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that your study program needs to be approved officially before submitting the graduation plan.
While executing your project
Consult the dates of the examination committee meetings and register for one of them at the latest four weeks in advance via OSIRIS. You can do this by clicking on Progress and then Qualification request. Please select the date of your preference from the list above and fill in the date in the OSIRIS form. Your defense should take place at the latest 2 weeks in advance of the meeting. This means you can do a qualification request before the actual defense has taken place.
In this meeting, the examinations committee determines whether or not you qualify for the diploma. Please note that you do not have to be present during the meeting.
Ensure that the assessment committee is composed (Form 3:Assessment committee form.) at the latest 1 month before your final presentation.
The graduation supervisor must assemble the committee according to the graduation regulations, sign the form, and submit it to the student administration electronically (csa.mcs@) for the approval by the Examinations Committee. tue.nl
Without an approved assessment committee, you are not allowed to have your defense and we will not process your result in OSIRIS.
At the end of your project
Book a room for your presentation, provided all components, apart from the graduation project, of your study program are completed. Book the room for at least 2 hours. After the presentation, only minor corrections in the graduation report can be introduced.
Your supervisor should submit to the student administration:
• your grade with the assessment report (electronically to: email@example.com),
• your graduation report in a pdf file,
• the declaration concerning the signed by you. https://www.tue.nl/en/our-university/about-the-university/integrity/codes-of-conduct/
After you completed your project
End you enrollment: please check the link below from the study guide
For questions about your enrollment, please contact ESA@tue.nl
Fill out the graduation survey. You will get an e-mail with the link from the student administration.
Attend the graduation ceremony. You will get an email with the invitation from the student administration about 2 weeks in advance with the exact timeslot and location.
Information for all EIT Data Science-entry students
1. After you finished your 3rd quartile at the TU/e, please fill and sign the individual study program below and submit to the student administration in a PDF file by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please note that you need to be enrolled at the TU/e the month you finished your master thesis project (official date on Transcript of records) at the exit university. In case you are no longer enrolled because you are delayed, fix your enrollment by filling in a re-enrollment form. Please contact ESA ESA@ for more information about your re- enrollment and tuition fees. tue.nl
3. After your transcript of records is completed and you graduated at your exit university, please register for the next possible examinations meeting at the TU/e by doing a qualification request in OSIRIS
After the qualification request is completed, you will receive some further information about the exam form the CSA. (Don’t forget to fix your re-enrollment!)
4. Degrees can either be picked up at the desk of the student administration or sent by Express postal mail. More information can be found in the mail about the exam you will receive, like mentioned above.