What is SensUs?
SensUs is the annual international student competition in the field of molecular biosensing that has been founded at TU/e. SensUs is organized for students, by students. Student teams from countries around the world are challenged to design and build their own biosensor within 9 months. In September all teams come to Eindhoven to demonstrate their prototypes and compete against each other for several awards.
Take a look at our movie (see the right column) to get an idea of what the competition looks like!
The vision of SensUs is that real-time sensing devices will change healthcare in the 21st century, for the best possible diagnosing, monitoring, coaching and treatment of people. Sensors will become smaller, faster, more precise, more integrated, more specific, more sensitive, etc. The aim of the competition is to stimulate education and innovation in biosensing on a worldwide scale. You can become part of this by joining the SensUs organization!
The organization consists of a chair and vice chair, treasurer, secretary, external relations manager and three subgroups: technology, events and media. The organization is multidisciplinary, since there are many different aspects to organizing an international competition. We need people with different backgrounds, for example biomedical engineering, chemistry, web-design, industrial engineering, industrial design, software science, and many others.
What will you learn?
In this track you will learn many things, depending on your preferences. For example:
- How to organize an international competition with high professional standards
- Being creative and innovative, using structured and transparent approaches
- Taking initiative, assuming responsibility, and working together
- Applying modern media to reach out to a large audience
- Designing and build web-based IT systems for live reporting and live interactions with 50.000 people around the world
- Involving companies, healthcare organizations and patients
- Communicating with international student teams
- Analyzing biomaterials and develop biosensor testing schemes
- Make it all come together in a smashing contest weekend in September 2017 and September 2018 !
It is an unforgettable experience to achieve this by intensively working together with a group of very motivated TU/e students!
Note: For a smooth introduction, we invite you to participate already in some track activities from 15 May 2017 onwards. Therefore, please send your application letter to prof. Menno Prins (m.w.j.prins@) no later than 15 April 2017. tue.nl