GP, Emergency Clinic and Dentist
In the event of a life-threatening situation you should call 112!
For a life-threatening situation on the TU/e campus, you should call 2222!
A general practitioner or family doctor (huisarts) gives full medical assistance. It is strongly recommended that you register with a general practitioner upon your arrival in the Netherlands. If you wish to see your GP, you must make an appointment. Consultations are not free. If you wish to see a specialist you will need to be referred by your GP, so you must see your GP first. Please note that when visiting a GP, specialist, dentist or hospital, you will need to show your insurance papers.
Emergency Clinic / After-Hours Clinic (Spoedpost)
If you need medical assistance during the evening or night or at the weekend, you should contact the Spoedpost at the Catharina Hospital.
Spoedpost contact details:
Telephone: 0900-8861 (€ 0.10 per minute)
Address: Michelangelolaan 2
5623 EJ EINDHOVEN
The entrance to the Spoedpost is at the rear of the hospital. You can reach it via Winston Churchilllaan. When you reach the hospital, follow the signs ‘Spoedpost’.
YOU MUST ALWAYS CALL BEFOREHAND! The reasons for this are as follows:
- You will be seen more quickly. If necessary a doctor or an ambulance can be sent to you right away.
- Sometimes advice via the telephone is sufficient. In this case you do not need to visit the Spoedpost.
- If you need to see a doctor, an appointment will be made for you at the Spoedpost. This way you know at what time you will be seen. You can wait at home.
- If necessary, you will be seen by a doctor in the Emergency Clinic (Spoedeisende Hulp).
Prepare your phone call beforehand, when you call the Spoedpost:
- Have your health insurance card ready (basic health insurance, EHIC or AON) and your Citizen Service Number (BSN).
- If you are calling on behalf of someone else, make a note of their address and telephone number.
- Sometimes the Spoedpost will want to talk to the patient in person. Try to make sure the patient is nearby when you call, so you can hand over the telephone to them if necessary.
- Are you taking any medication? Keep this ready. This information is needed for the Spoedpost to be able to give you good advice.
- If you do not have a valid proof of health insurance, you will need to pay 100 euros upon arrival at the Spoedpost. Otherwise you will not be seen.
Eindhoven has a special dentist practice for students (studententandarts). You can make an appointment with the dentist by calling between 9:00 and 12:00 and 13:00 and 17:00 on Monday to Friday.
In general, dental treatment is not covered by health insurance unless you have special extra cover.
Kliniek voor Mondzorg
Botenlaan 82, 5652CB Eindhoven