Develop your professional skills
With a master’s degree you are well-prepared for your future job as an engineer. Good skills are therefore crucial. A variety of companies that are usually interested in TU/e students highlight the importance of well-developed skills.
At the present-day high-performance jobs it’s important that you can present yourself, that you are creative, take (self)leadership, and take initiatives regarding your job. Professional skills, such as presentation skills, teamwork skills, and writing skills are more important than ever. The TU/e SkillsLab can help you in developing those skills during your master’s program.
Choose the tools, events, and connections that suit you best
TU/e SkillsLab offers you tools and information about a variety of professional skills and personal development, such as a library, assessments, and guided studying. In collaboration with master’s programs, several online and offline events and workshops are organized. You can get in touch with several experts via TU/e’s SkillsLab.
Get to know the TU/e SkillsLab team
The TU/e SkillsLab team consists of student-assistants, professionals, and coachingexperts. Together they’ll help you to achieve your goals through:
- Giving advice on development steps that you may take
- Choose workshops and assignments that correspond with your development question
- Giving feedback on your professional skills
- Gathering information on the latest facts and trends in the field of professional skills
- Organize events to improve your professional skills and personal development
- Advise education programs to include professional skills in the master’s program curriculum
Ambassadors and fraternity leaders
Each master’s program has its own SkillsLab ambassador. This person gives rpesentations, answers questions, collects feedback and organizes events.
Besides, the TU/e SkillsLab has four fraternities with ‘fraternity leaders’:
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork skills
- Academic writing skills
- Other skills and personal development
Visit the TU/e SkillsLab website for more information.