With a master’s degree you are well-prepared for your future job as an engineer. A variety of companies that are usually interested in TU/e students highlight the importance of well-developed skills. Good skills are therefore crucial.
At the present-day high-performance jobs it’s important that you can present yourself, that you are creative, take (self)leadership, and take initiatives regarding your job. Professional skills, such as presentation skills, collaboration skills, and writing skills are more important than ever. The TU/e SkillsLab can help you in developing those skills during your master’s program.
TU/e SkillsLab offers you tools and information about a variety of professional skills and personal development, such as a library, assessments, and guided studying. In collaboration with master’s programs, several online and offline events and workshops are organized. You can get in touch with several experts via TU/e’s SkillsLab.
The TU/e SkillsLab team consists of student-assistants, professionals, and coaching experts. Together they’ll help you to achieve your goals through:
- Giving advice on development steps that you may take
- Choose workshops and assignments that correspond with your development question
- Giving feedback on your professional skills
- Gathering information on the latest facts and trends in the field of professional skills
- Organize events to improve your professional skills and personal development
- Advise education programs to include professional skills in the master’s program curriculum
Each master’s program has its own SkillsLab ambassador. This person gives presentations, answers questions, collects feedback and organizes events.
Besides that, the TU/e SkillsLab has four clusters with ‘cluster leaders’:
- Presentation skills
- Collaboration skills
- Academic writing skills
- Other skills and personal development
Visit the TU/e SkillsLab website for more information.