The internship aims to provide the student with a practice-oriented working experience, for example in an industrial company or a research institute.
After completion of the internship, students are able to:
Approach and execution of the internship:
- Formulate the research question of the professional project, define a methodology to carry out the project and make a planning.
- Apply study-related knowledge and skills at master’s level in a professional project.
- Acquire further relevant knowledge and skills, if needed, to accomplish an academic-level professional project.
- Work independently and responsibly at academic-level on a professional project within a company setting or research environment.
- Function in a new professional environment, i.e. communicate and collaborate effectively and appropriately with different professionals having different backgrounds in the work environment through written and oral means.
- Write a report in English that is understandable to both the external and university supervisor and to fellow students unfamiliar with the project, that shows how study-related knowledge and newly acquired knowledge have been applied and that exhibits the student’s critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Present the work in English that is understandable to both the external and university supervisor and to fellow students unfamiliar with the project. Answer questions raised by the audience. Interact with the audience and make good use of facilities during the presentation.