Requesting exam facilities
If you suffer from a disability, chronic illness or mental health problems, you can request provisions (special facilities) for examinations.
Requesting facilities for examinations
It takes time to arrange the proper facilities.
- If you already know before the start of your studies that you will need a facility, contact our student counselors at studentcounselors@ at least 3 months before the start of the academic year. tue.nl
- If you find out during your studies that you need a facility, then contact the student counselors at least 5 weeks before the start of the examination period at studentcounselors@. tue.nl
Within 20 days of receiving your application, we will let you know whether the facilities have been granted, how long the facilities will be granted to you, and whether you still need to take any action. You will find an overview of the facilities granted to you in Osiris. Show this overview plus your campus card to the invigilator before the start of the examination.
Facility granted for which no action is required
If a facility has been granted for examinations, the actions you still need to take varies. Some facilities which are granted are automatically arranged for you for each examination. The following facilities do not require you to take any action after being granted:
- Up to 10 minutes of extra examination time per hour
- Use of earplugs/headphones
- Diabetes supplies (glucometer, medications, food)
- Examinations in a larger font/A3
- Use of dictionary/non-graphic calculator
- Use of dyslexia glasses
- Sitting at the front of the examination room
- Walking around and doing exercises (up to 4 times during the examination)
- Use of sunglasses/eye drops
Facilities that do require action on your part
Facilities not listed above are not automatically arranged for you. For these facilities, you still need to undertake action to arrange something for each examination period. Examples of these provisions are:
- More than 10 minutes of extra examination time per hour
- Stand table/ergonomic chair
- Use of laptop with Kurzweil speech software
- Examination location with fewer distractions
- Individual space to take an examination
- Walking around and doing exercises (more than 4 times per examination)
- Various measures due to visual stress
- Use of ClaroReadPlus reading aloud program
- Use of epilepsy medication
- Use of a secure notebook
If you wish to use these provisions during an examination, please make sure you have this form no later than 3 working weeks before the start of the examination period in which the examination takes place. This way you confirm that you actually want to make use of the granted provisions during that examination. You must resubmit the form for every examination period (including the interim examination period in August).
If you are a master's student, then remember to register for the examination in Osiris at the same time.
For the 2022-2023 college year, the following deadlines apply for submission:
- Examination period Q1: Oct. 7, 2022
- Examination period Q2: December 23, 2022
- Examination period Q3: March 17, 2023
- Examination period Q4: June 2, 2023
- Interim examination period: July 21, 2023
Prepare well for your examination
On the Testing and assessment page you will find tips for preparing well for your exam.